September 14, 2009

J.T. Marlin

The top story in today's Washington Post:
Immigration Overhaul Supporters Ratchet Up Rhetoric
By Spencer S. Hsu

In a sharp change of rhetoric by liberal supporters of an immigration overhaul, advocates Monday called a main opposition group a "hate group" based on its founder's ties to white supremacists and interest in racist ideas, such as eugenics. ...

In an ad published in the Capitol Hill newspaper Roll Call and a teleconference with reporters planned later, America's Voice, an umbrella group of immigrant advocate organizations, is accusing the Federation for American Immigration Reform, a prime lobby for reduced immigration, of leading xenophobic efforts to lower the number of Hispanic people in the United States.

"The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) is designated a HATE GROUP by the Southern Poverty Law Center," the ad reads, citing a December 2007 listing by an independent group based in Montgomery, Ala., that monitors racist groups. "Extremist groups, like FAIR, shouldn't write immigration policy," the ad concludes.

Ah, yes, the good old SPLC, which was Martin Luther King Jr.'s organization. No, wait ... that was the SCLC, the Southern Christian Leadership Council. The SPLC wasn't founded until three years after MLK's death. It's like in the movie "Boiler Room" where the penny stock peddlers work for a firm named "J.T. Marlin" to get the easily confused to confuse it with J.P. Morgan.

This reminds me of an email that a blogger forwarded to me from someone saying he was Morris Dees, founder of the SPLC. Morris asked the blogger to spy for him on a book he had blogged about. Morris emailed:
Could you elaborate just a little on how X indicates he's open to the idea of there being racial differences in IQ. Amazon.com doesn't allow me to search inside Y, but this passage I found in X's previous book, Z, seems to indicate X favors a strictly environmental explanation.

C'mon, Morris, you've got more money than God. If you are considering launching a hate campaign against Professor X for being open to the idea of there being racial differences in IQ so you can get more donations from senile rich liberals who can't tell the SPLC from the SCLC, then buy the damn book yourself, expense it, and have one of your staffers read it for you.

My published articles are archived at iSteve.com -- Steve Sailer

68 comments:

keypusher said...

The most precious sort of spin rests in the appositives:

The National Council of the Race, "a Latino civil rights group".

The SPLC, "an independent group that monitors racist groups."

Anonymous said...

Question: If those who do not wish to become a Latin American nation are racists, then why aren't those who want to become a Latin nation racist?

How is wanting to maintain an Anglo culture worse than wanting impose a latin one, which would involve displacing or diminishing the existing Anglo culture?

Those who wish to live in a Latin American culture have many choices from Mexico to Argentina. Why do they insist on importing it here?

Chris said...

The SPLC also just happened by remarkable coincidence to choose to set up shop in the same city in which MLK had his church and became involved in his first big protest, the bus boycott.

AN said...

Dees wasn't going to give money to a potential "racist."

OneSTDV said...

Gosh, I just can't think of any reason not to want more Hispanics here.

Simple Argument against Immigration: Look at their home countries

http://www.city-journal.org/html/14_1_the_illegal_alien.html

Anonymous said...

Whats so weak kneed about these claims of 'hate' groups is that they always seem to need someone else to tell them. It sounds so insipid.

Why do these spineless half-wits always need someone else to tell them that another group is a hate group? Can't they work out their own position for themselves?

Im being disingenous of course.

America's Voice (or whatever that hate group is called) cant say that FAIR is a hate group themselves, they have to have SPLC do it for them, because then they might be forced however superficially to address some of the issues. Then the whole thing would fall apart.

Svigor said...

WaPo shows its radical leftism by quoting the SPLC with a straight face. Maybe this "tie" between WaPo and the SPLC means the former should be characterized as a communist organization? Hate group? Far left fringe group?

louisville said...

Check this out from Newsweek, Steve: "Insuring undocumented immigrants might be unpopular, but it would be good for the economy."

When the media is pushing garbage like this out on us, you know Obama is lying and that plans being devised for "reforming" healthcare involve paying for illegals.

Anonymous said...

Okay first of all hispanics are NOT the same as blacks. We work hard, install values into are children and encourage them to become American. The blacks have been here for over 300 years and still lag behind whites and everybody else, because they dont have any desire to assimilate. It doesnt help that they have smaller IQ.

Why do you have hispanics so much? Atleast we're respectful to whites. Yes its true that SOME hispanics have issues but not the way blacks do. The reason we're behind whites is because we're really at a disadvantage. Also because blacks often try to force us to join them thats why so many young hispanics listen to rap and act stupidly. Its because blacks teach them that we're all the same. We're NOT.

The more hispanic marry and reproduce with whites, the more we assimilate. It just takes time thats all. So we might not have access to the educational opportunities that whites or asian do a few decades we'll be closer to them.

Galton said...

Minor nitpick: the firm's name was "JT Marlin."

Anonymous said...

The SPLC sure has expanded their definition of "hate group" in recent years. They used to only whine about the Klan and Neo-Nazis.

silly girl said...

Hispanics indeed are not all alike. Some are white. Speaking Spanish or living in Spanish Speaking country does not change your genetic ancestry. Spain is in Europe after all. People don't have something against hispanics. We have a problem with illegal immigration. Legal immigrants are better because they are screened and far less likely to be criminals. The illegals give them all a bad name. The other reason it may seem to some that hispanics are unpopular is that they have increased greatly in number in a very short time. While the hispanic crime rate may be lower than blacks, it is higher than whites and hey, no one likes being, shot, robbed or raped. There are Asian murderers too, and we don't want them either. Fortunately there is far less illegal and unscreened immigration from Asia. Finally many hispanics who move to the US are unskilled and better workers than the unskilled native born who then go on welfare rather than work. This increases the number of social services consumers without increasing the tax base. Low skilled workers, both immigrant and native, will consume more social services in their lifetimes than they contribute in taxes.

Americans resent people breaking the law and freeloading. No offense to hispanics. One of my great grandmothers was from Mexico. Since she was European ancestry, I wouldn't call her "hispanic" but probably someone else would.

Dave R. said...

America's Voice ... is accusing the Federation for American Immigration Reform, a prime lobby for reduced immigration, of leading xenophobic efforts to lower the number of Hispanic people in the United States.

Okay. Say FAIR ever got "reform" of any kind that not only slowed the tide but encouraged voluntary repatriation. Hispanics being our largest illegal immigrant group, that would lower the number of Hispanics in the US by definition. But of course nobody could be worried about assimilation, citizenship or perverse welfare incentives, so they must be xenophobic. (By the way, which is worse, racism or xenophobia? I guess I'm not current on party good-think.)

I am impressed by the subtle back-handed implication of a possible final solution by closed border advocates. That's a pro's touch right there.

Anonymous said...

He didn't get millions in the bank by coughing up $16.99 for every book he wants to slander.

Reg Cæsar said...

Excuse me, but is there no copy of this book in any Alabama library? Haven't Deespotokbeirich heard of interlibrary loan?

How is wanting to maintain an Anglo culture worse than... --anonymous

Anonymous, please repeat this until it sinks in: "'Anglo' is not a word. 'Anglo' is not a word. 'Anglo' is not a word..."

(At least not in English.)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Morris asked me to do something for him. I feel so important!

nosum said...

The intercepted EMail is a fascinating insight into Dees's modus operandi. The cold-hearted business-like attitude and stinginess makes a total mockery of the liberal facade which this shakedown pushes into everybody's face. Gotta say the dood spotted a niche a long time ago when every white was hoping the civil rights/AA/multicult thing would just go away on its own. Well, it's here to stay and is biting whitey hard in his ass.

Anonymous said...

and remember, these cigarettes have NO ADDITIVES!

tonk said...

Haven't Deespotokbeirich heard of interlibrary loan?


Interlibrary loan costs a few bucks. There's the rub. G.. I didn't realise theses jerks were THAT stingy. It's disgusting.

Otis the Sweaty said...

"We work hard, install values into are children and encourage them to become American."

False. It may be true for you and your family but it is not true for the overwhelming majority who are obsessed with what is good for their "raza".

"Atleast we're respectful to whites."

This could not be more wrong.

"The reason we're behind whites is because we're really at a disadvantage."

No you are not. Blacks ARE at a disadvantage given their history but you have nothing in common with them.

"The more hispanic marry and reproduce with whites, the more we assimilate."

While that would be fine with most white people, it will never happen. Hispanics, by and large, do not want to assimilate and have a huge superiority complex.

TH said...

The more hispanic marry and reproduce with whites, the more we assimilate. It just takes time thats all. So we might not have access to the educational opportunities that whites or asian do a few decades we'll be closer to them.

Read this article by Steve about a study of four generations of Mexicans. For example:

"…the educational progress of Mexican Americans does not improve over the generations. At best, given the statistical margin of error, our data show no improvement in education over the generations-since-immigration and in some cases even suggest a decline."

Anonymous said...

xenophobic efforts to lower the number of Hispanic people in the United States.




That's a creative way of describing "no amnesty for illegals".

ben tillman said...

The SPLC sure has expanded their definition of "hate group" in recent years. They used to only whine about the Klan and Neo-Nazis.

That's the whole idea. The term was originally applied only to groups (or brand names) that were associated with violence and killing. Then, the term was applied ever more broadly to pin the same connotations of violence on other entirely peaceful and law-abiding groups. This progression is no accident.

David said...

Anonymous Hispanic (alleged) said

> We work hard, install values into are children and encourage them to become American. <

Why do you encourage your children to become American? Why are you invading this country to begin with?

> The blacks[...]still lag behind whites and everybody else, because they dont have any desire to assimilate. <

Assimilation is the panacea, apparently. But who is assimilating whom?

> The more hispanic marry and reproduce with whites, the more we assimilate. It just takes time <

Why don't you make your own countries decent places to live? You're not coming here to get away from any appreciable (totalitarian) oppression. You're here to benefit from the goodies that American natives created. Every Section 8'er would love to move into a palace; what the palace's builders, owners, current occupants, and caretakers feel about such a move is a different story.

> It doesnt help that they [blacks] have smaller IQ. <

We think black IQ is lower than white on average, not that blacks are dumber in all cases across the board. And regardless of what we think of blacks, you just insulted our fellow citizens. What a prize you are!

It doesn't help that you have smaller IQ, too, as a Hispanic.

> we might not have access to the educational opportunities that whites or asian do a few decades we'll be closer to them <

"Educational opportunities" being among the goodies I mentioned. You claim (as do your enemies, the blacks) that you can sit in our classrooms for a few decades and be closer to whites and Asians. But why should we suffer for decades under your struggle to get "closer," in the first place?

What are schools like where you came from? If there are no schools there, why not build some, or improve the existing institutions? There were no schools in America when my ancestors arrived. People made them. That's the difference between creative people and leeches looking for goodies they can't make at home or anywhere else.

Don't tell Dees about this. He'll plotz!

Dennis said...

First anonymous,

The reason they want to import that culture here is because we are rich. The idea is that they can then have their own culture and be rich at the same time.

What many don't accept, of course, is that a capitalistic society does not reward the unprepared and simply being here will not make them rich. By importing their culture with them and eventually displacing the existing Anglo culture, they simply achieve the same thing they left behind only on a bigger scale.

It seems that many of the "poor and huddled masses" think the riches are simply an outgrowth of the geography and, so, equally available to all if they can only get here. I believe that's why many also believe they deserve it as much as we and, therefore, our immigration laws can be ignored.

Much of the world has been raised on the socialist pap of "fairness" and "rights" with no corresponding exposure to the idea of personal responsibility.

Sideways said...

Anonymous, please repeat this until it sinks in: "'Anglo' is not a word. 'Anglo' is not a word. 'Anglo' is not a word..."

(At least not in English.)


The dictionary does not agree

Marc B said...

If supporting laws defending your borders from foreign invasion = being xenophobic and racist count me in. And don't forget about the Mexican government while your at it.

BTW, charges of racism have been flung around so much ever since that 4 term state legislator from Illinois decided to run for president that term is nearly lacking in any of it's former meaning.

Sgt. Joe Friday said...

"The more hispanic marry and reproduce with whites, the more we assimilate. It just takes time thats all."

Your logic would be OK anonymous, but for two problems: the numbers and your culture.

The reason you see Asians assimilating so well into the majority culture is because relatively speaking there are fewer of them, so it's more difficult to live in a "country within a country." Not so with the immigrants from Mexico and points south. More than a million Spanish speaking immigrants, both legal and illegal come in every year, and with those kinds of numbers, there is a far less chance that those people and their children will assimilate. My wife works at a school in Santa Ana that is 95% Hispanic - what do you think the chances are that those kids have any friends who are not Hispanic, or that when they get older they will marry outside their ethnic group. Just about zero, I'd guess.

As to the cultural aspect, I can tell you from first hand experience that Hispanic parents discourage their children, especially the boys, from marrying outside the group. Now, I'll concede that among some Hispanic females having a white boyfriend is considered something of a status symbol, but even there the boyfriend (or husband, if it gets that far) is oftentimes pressured to embrace her family's culture and traditions.

In order for the assimilative process to work, you have to have much more moderate numbers of immigrants. Getting rid of the multicultural, multilingual paradigm would help also.

Anonymous said...

OT

The 17-year-old victim was white and the teen assailants were black. Police released a video of the beating, which shows the victim being punched repeatedly while other students on the bus gather to watch, some cheering.

Anonymous said...

When the media is pushing garbage like this out on us, you know Obama is lying and that plans being devised for "reforming" healthcare involve paying for illegals.

To paraphrase Mary McCarthy: You know that Obama is lying whenever he opens his purple mouth and words come out of it.

PRCalDude said...

Okay first of all hispanics are NOT the same as blacks.

Got it. Thanks.

We work hard, install values into are children and encourage them to become American.

This is based on what evidence? Hispanic illegitimacy is skyrocketing. Mexican racialism in this country, as evidenced by the legion of overtly racial groups like MALDEF, NCLR, LULAC, etc, is ubiquitous. I don't even find that they make an effort to learn English. Don't get me started on Mexican gangs, which have made numerous formerly-habitable areas uninhabitable.

Then there are the tax dollars they steal from whites in the form of WIC, food stamps, Social Security fraud, free ER care, free schooling. I don't think you can "be respectful of whites" when you're stealing from them at every opportunity.

So we might not have access to the educational opportunities that whites or asian do a few decades we'll be closer to them.

That is patently false. Asians often go to schools in Los Angeles county that are heavily Mexican but always outperform the MExicans. Also, Telles' and Ortiz' recent longitudinal study flatly refutes your claim that you're going to catch up. What is much more likely is that whites will become impoverished paying for you, which is one of the motivations behind the Tea Party rallies.

Richard Hoste said...

It's funny that advocates for NAMs denounce eugenics as part of the concern of anti-immigration activists. It's like they're saying "Don't notice our bad genes!"

Nobody accuses pro-immigrant people of eugenic concerns.

klaos said...

Steve, you heard about 'American Police Force' (fly-by-night ran by a guy named Maziar Mafi) and their shenanigans with a Montana jail? File under Men With Gold Chains:

AP ENTERPRISE: Montana jail deal raises questions

Svigor said...

Why do you hate hispanics so much?

Why do you hate whites so much? Why do you think mestizos get to tell whites how to live? Why do you think whites have no right to have nations of their own?

I don't presume to invite millions of my co-ethnics into Mexico, or lecture Mexicans on how to order their society. Please reciprocate this basic civility.

A wealthy minority presumed to speak for us when they invited you guys here, but they do not in fact speak for us. Information's pretty open here, and G**gle will lead you to polls showing Americans don't want masses of third-worlders immigrating here. So I think everybody involved knows (or shouldn't be excused for not knowing) that elite doesn't speak for all of us.

Do you want Mexico (or wherever) overrun with gringos? So why would you expect us to be any different?

Dion O'Banion said...

Steve, the Chicago Tribune goes conspiracy theory: "The Kelly Mysteries"

Robert said...

The Spanish, in Spain or America, have a distinctly different culture from the Germans, French and English who, primarily, built America. So prosperity and peace in the New World isn't about being European. It's about having a coherent culture WITH a high IQ that can function in a modern technological world. There are many stresses and strains between and among the German, French and English cultures, but there's at least a chance of resolving them into a livable civilization. The added irritants of Spanish, African and Asian characters make such a resolution impossible.

Florida resident said...

Let me disagree with someone's implicit assumption, that there are only two possible attitudes of a man (or of a woman) towards some or other group: HATE OR LOVE.

If one exhibits _NO_LOVE_ of some or other group, it does _NOT_ automatically mean that one _hates_ the members of that particular group. The interests of one's own family, one's own group, one's own co-ethnics (which are essentially the members of extended partially inbred family) may be put by such a person _AHEAD_ of the interests of other groups, _without_hating_ the members of those other groups. These kind of feelings are in the very nature of humans, they are the results of evolution of humans for hundreds of millennia.

Let me give an example. There is (nowadays famous) Jewish mathematician-genius of Russian extraction, Grigoriy Perelman. He apparently has proven the century-known Problem in Mathematics: Poincare Hypothesis; was awarded for it with Fields medal (analog of Nobel Prize for mathematicians), and for some reasons has refused to accept it. (I have never met Grigoriy Perelman personally.)

Now, if someone (e.g. G-d) would have said to me 25 years ago: here is the prodigy in mathematics; he needs your support, I probably would try to support him in some or other way.
But if the alternative would have been like this: I have to take this prodigy into my house, and to supply our family resources for his education and promotion, deflecting a noticeable part of the resources (including emotional ones) from educating and promoting my own kids (who apparently are not as talented in Mathematics, as Perelman is), then, in such a case, I would NOT have done this. Even if some G-d would tell me that without such my actions the Poincare Hypothesis would not be solved for the next millennium, sill I would put the interests of my own kids, of my own family ahead of interests of a prodigy, who is not a relative.
This definitely would NOT MEAN THAT I HATE a Jew Grigoriy Perelman. Nevertheless, I would put my own family interests ahead.
Similar with the implicit assumption of two possibilities only: HATE OR LOVE. There is more to the Human Nature, than those two.
Respectfully, Florida resident.

Anonymous said...

The 17-year-old victim was white and the teen assailants were black.

Phew, thats a relief, for a minute there I thought they were talking about a racist attack.

Sullivan said...

I was wondering if you could comment on the Mexican nationalism present in the film "Walkout". I am now furthering my education by viewing it in Spanish class, as part of our "sympathetic immigrants" unit.

Paul Mendez said...

As for Latinor "assimilating":

Cortez invaded Mexico in 1519. Yet, there are still parts of Mexico today where the people have yet to learn Spanish.

If Mexicans can't assimilate to Spanish culture after nearly 500 years, how long will we need to wait before they assimilate to Anglo culture?

Anonymous said...

"Why do you have hispanics so much"

I assume this should read "hate Hispanics."

"Mestizo" is a better term for the people we are talking about.

I don't hate you.

I just don't like you. There's a difference.

I don't want you for a neighbor. I don't want you for a countryman.

Go back to Mexico (or whichever country you came from) and stay there, and I'll like you fine.
We can be penpals.

Anonymous said...

To Mr. Robert,
The Spanish(sudacas) in Spain are recent imigrants (last 10 years). The Spaniards (Catalans, Galicians, Andaluces, Asturians, etç..) are all (except Basques) Latins like the French (except some Basques, Kelts and Germans), from Wallonia to Corsica.
You should know that half of Belgium, great part of Suisse, almost all Italy and Romania are also Latin land... And all, with their distinct "strains and stress" give a great(and the best until XIX century) contribution to the Western Civilization. What kind of problem do you find in Spaniards?

Anonymous said...

Thomas Jefferson.

I mentioned Connecticut as the most hopeless of our States. Little Delaware had escaped my attention. That is essentially a Quaker State, the fragment of a religious sect which, there, in the other States, in England, are a homogeneous mass, acting with one mind, and that directed by the mother society in England. Dispersed, as the Jews, they still form, as those do, one nation, foreign to the land they live in. They are Protestant Jesuits, implicitly devoted to the will of their superior, and forgetting all duties to their country in the execution of the policy of their order. When war is proposed with England, they have religious scruples; but when with France, these are laid by, and they become clamorous for it.




I wish I could give better hopes of our southern brethren. (ed: Latin America.) The achievement of their independence of Spain is no longer a question. But it is a very serious one, what will then become of them? Ignorance and bigotry, like other insanities, are incapable of self-government. They will fall under military despotism, and become the murderous tools of the ambition of their respective Bonapartes; and whether this will be for their greater happiness, the rule of one only has taught you to judge.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a source for those Jefferson quotes?

Thanks.

Wren said...

Totally OT, but did you see this intriguing news, Steve:

"Johns Hopkins student kills suspected burglar with samurai sword"

What are the chances that, um, "the community" will agitate to try to prosecute this kid?

marcopolo said...

OT article from Korean newspaper that's amusing from an HBD perspective:

"Culture Clash a Constant Struggle for Foreigners in Korea"

"For a Canadian English teacher, one of the most challenging moments of living in Korea comes every morning in the changing room of the gym near his home. The Korean men in the shower often glance at his lower body, and some stare with explicit curiosity at his private parts. He feels "like a monkey" in a zoo whenever it happens, he says.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a source for those Jefferson quotes?





Here you go.

It's also in "The Life And Writings of Thomas Jefferson", edited by S.E. Forman.

eh said...

It's now official: if you oppose Obama or his policies, you're a racist. Former President Carter said so.

And that makes you de facto a member of a hate group as well. I guess.

Reg Cæsar said...

...a firm named "J.T. Marlin" to get the easily confused to confuse it with J.P. Morgan."

A better metaphor for the SPLC ("some people like cash") would be J. T. LeRoy.

headache said...

eh sez:

It's now official: if you oppose Obama or his policies, you're a racist. Former President Carter said so.



eh, remember that Carter and his crony Andrew Young installed Mugabe in Zimbabwe. Carter has yet to apologize to the 250000 whites who were ethnically cleansed from Zimbabwe, even though he gave them assurances this would not happen. He has yet to apologize to the 6 mio Zimbabweans who are going hungry. He has yet to apologize to the 9 mio Zimbabweans who fled the country and are living as 2nd class citizens in foreign countries. He has yet to apologize for the enormous destruction caused by Mugabe, which he Carter conceded. When pressed on this he immediately retorted that he would never consider it a mistake that the whites were driven from power. The man is ideologically/religiously motivated. He does not care a fig what the facts on the ground are. When he travelled to Zimbabwe in order to get some sense into Mugabe and get the foreign aid flowing so most of the crude damage could be repaired before the MSM were allowed back in, Mugabe refused to let him in. Good for Carter, it could have taught him something, but you can see it taught him nothing. Carter is beyond reason; he is a stubborn ideologue and fully convinced that he is in God's will.

Reg Cæsar said...

The dictionary does not agree [that 'Anglo' is not a word] --Sideways

It's not in my 1940s-vintage dictionary. It is in my 1980s one, but only as dialect ("Southwest"), and "short for..." at that.

Since I don't live in the Southwest, and don't trust the newer dictionaries, I hold to my original assertion.

At any rate, "gringo" is less insulting. As is "goy", compared to "gentile".

headache said...

eh,
I forgot. Mugabe had 25000 Matabele murdered in cold blood during the Interahamwe. Bearded man (http://thebeardedman.blogspot.com/) was a white police officer of Jewish descent, who served under Mugabe and was an eye-witness. The Catholic Church documented the slaughter in detail. Carter has not uttered a word about this, ever. Try asking Obama what he thinks about this. Can you imagine what the reaction would have been if Rhodesia or white South Africa had 25000 murdered in cold blood? During Mugabe’s regime it is estimated that 100000 people were murdered. Mugabe or his henchmen have not stood trial on any of this to date. If you consider that the official UN statistics for Apartheid register 650 or so killed by security forces over 35 years, and consider the vitriol against South Africa and Rhodesia, you get an idea of the hypocrisy involved and the mind-numbing ideological bent of the likes of Carter.

Alticor said...

The disparity in male genitalia between Westerners and some, but not all, groups of Asians is interesting.

The Japanese in particular, have small male genitals. Condoms in Japan are considerably smaller than even the "standard" size in the US. However, I have noticed with surprise that some Han Chinese are bejingled.

With Koreans I have no idea, but it's also possible that they were staring at the young man's equipment not because of its size but because he was, probably, circumcized. Circumcision may be unknown in Korea.

I know that when my father visited Russia in the late 1950s for a swimming competition, it was assumed by all that he was a Jew, because he was circumcized. In Russia, all Jews and no ethnic Russians were circumcized.

By contrast, my father had never seen a non-circumcized penis in his life before. He grew up in a small town where no male infant escaped the snip. And this was the 1930s.

Anonymous said...

Somebody tell me why every former Spanish colony is so GD corrupt.

Anonymous said...

The 17-year-old victim was white and the teen assailants were black. Police released a video of the beating, which shows the victim being punched repeatedly while other students on the bus gather to watch, some cheering.

Just now, on Fox News [Wednesday morning, about 10:40AM, 2009-09-16], Megyn Kelly called them "animals".

I wonder if she will be fired?

Anonymous said...

Off topic, but check out the latest from Matt Latimer, via the UK Spectator:


Bush didn't understand Paulson's bailout
James Forsyth
Tuesday, 15th September 2009, 8:57pm
spectator.co.uk

Latimer: "...the president was clearly confused about how the government would buy these securities. He repeated his belief that the government was going to "buy low and sell high," and he still didn't understand why we hadn't put that into the speech like he'd asked us to. When it was explained to him that his concept of the bailout proposal wasn't correct, the president was momentarily speechless. He threw up his hands in frustration.

"Why did I sign on to this proposal if I don't understand what it does?" he asked."


Forsyth: Indeed, Latimer reports White House gossip that at one meeting, an exasperated Bush told Paulson, "You've got to tell me what you're doing."


Compare the American Spectator's work from last year:


Fanny, Freddie, and Obama
By The Prowler
on 9.8.08 @ 12:08AM
spectator.org

When President George W. Bush nominated Henry Paulson to serve as Treasury Secretary, Republicans raised a red flag that Paulson, who, along with his wife, has strong ties to the Democrat party, would not be an honest broker with Republicans.

That seems to have been borne out, with sources inside of Treasury reporting that Paulson briefed Sen. Barack Obama and his campaign advisers on the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac bailout plan before offering such a briefing to the McCain campaign...


Paulson and Obama
By The Prowler
on 9.26.08 @ 9:49AM
spectator.org

When Sen. Barack Obama was given the floor to speak during White House negotiations, according to White House aides, he did so raising concerns about a House Republican alternative to the Paulson/Bernanke $700 billion bailout. But those concerns weren't necessarily his, as he was not aware of the GOP plan before reviewing notes provided him by Paulson loyalists in Treasury prior to entering the meeting.

According to an Obama campaign source, the notes were passed to Obama via senior aides traveling with him, who had been emailed the document via a current Goldman Sachs employee and Wall Street fundraiser for the Obama campaign. "It was made clear that the memo was from 'friends' and was reliable," says the campaign source.

The memo allowed Obama and his fellow Democrats to box in Republican attendees and essentially took what President Bush had billed as a negotiating meeting off the rails

"Paulson and his team have not acted in good faith for this President or the administration for which they serve," says a House Republican leader...

Anonymous said...

"The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) is designated a HATE GROUP by the Southern Poverty Law Center,"



B-I-G surprise there!

Anonymous said...

The more hispanic marry and reproduce with whites, the more we assimilate. It just takes time thats all. So we might not have access to the educational opportunities that whites or asian do a few decades we'll be closer to them.

9/14/2009
--------


God bless you. Keep up the hard work.

Anonymous said...

I dunno. "J. T. Marlin" in my mind evokes a redneck baseball player.

sj071 said...

'Try asking Obama what he thinks about this. Can you imagine what the reaction would have been if Rhodesia or white South Africa had 25000 murdered in cold blood?'

Sir, are you aware that O. is one degree of separation from Paul Kagame, a well-known albeit slightly contraversial African philanthropist whose offspring is attending certain educational institution not more than 50 miles from NYC (focus on leadership).
Feel free to Google for more facts.

I dare say Mr Moldbug would have enjoyede tremendously Mr Kagame's Uber Cathedralesque public lecture at LSE on...sit down and take a really deep breath... “The Challenges of Development and Environmental Sustainability in Africa: The case of Rwanda”.

Is it clear to you now 'what would Obama think'?

JudgeStone said...

So that's why he chose that odd name "Southern Policy Law Center".

Anonymous said...

With Koreans I have no idea, but it's also possible that they were staring at the young man's equipment not because of its size but because he was, probably, circumcized. Circumcision may be unknown in Korea.

They circumcise in Korea.

JudgeStone said...

"The Spanish, in Spain or America, have a distinctly different culture from the Germans, French and English who, primarily, built America. So prosperity and peace in the New World isn't about being European. It's about having a coherent culture WITH a high IQ that can function in a modern technological world. There are many stresses and strains between and among the German, French and English cultures, but there's at least a chance of resolving them into a livable civilization. The added irritants of Spanish, African and Asian characters make such a resolution impossible."

I assume you don't mean Spanish as in Spain, as in you're contradicting yourself.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of diversity, have you seen the Hofstra University rape case?

silly girl said...

“The Challenges of Development and Environmental Sustainability in Africa: The case of Rwanda”.


A virtually uncivilized country and this guy is worried about the environmental sustainability.

How about sustaining a civilization first?

Sheesh, like picking out stationery for your new company before you figure out whether you are going to sell tires or jewelry.

Anonymous said...

I used to work at FAIR. They have been labled a hate group by the SPLC for at least a decade, and the opposition has tried to make hay about this fact in the past (with little success). But the fact is they have had - and may still have - blacks on staff, including at least one attorney/lobbyist, as well as another black intern who was an immigrant, and a receptionist. The office was not KKK meeting place.

That said, they are not an effective activist organization because they are not well-organized and spend too much time worrying about being pushed out of the spotlight by other like-minded organizations. Dan Stein's 400 - 500k per year salary is way to much for what little he has accomplished.

"anglo is not a word"
Yes it is.
An⋅glo
  /ˈæŋgloʊ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ang-gloh] Show IPA noun, plural -glos, adjective
Use anglo in a Sentence
See web results for anglo
See images of anglo
–noun
1. a white American of non-Hispanic descent, as distinguished esp. from an American of Mexican or Spanish descent.
2. (sometimes lowercase) an English-speaking person in a place where English is not the language of the majority

Anonymous said...

That Thomas Jefferson link took me to a page at w3schools.org.

Anonymous said...

That Thomas Jefferson link took me to a page at w3schools.org.




Sorry, let's try that again.

Link.