November 9, 2009

The 2009 iSteve Panhandling Drive

I was looking at my bank account, and I was vigorously reminded that I haven't run a fundraising drive since the stock market crash of 2008. I usually run two panhandling efforts per year, but my last full-bore one started September 11, 2008, when the transmission went out on my '98 Accord. The fundraiser was going great guns until Lehman Bros. went belly up four days later, at which point we all started stocking up on canned goods. Donations, unsurprisingly, dried up.

Well, 1,067 blog postings later, I'm back with my hand out.

It hasn't been a great 14 months for the nation, but I think it's been a pretty good period here, in a Robert Conquest kind of way. Despite all the newfangled alternatives to reading blogs, such as MyFace (or whatever the kids call it), readership here is higher than ever, currently at 7,997 unique visits per day and 12,224 pages read daily.

Between blogging, VDARE.com, Taki's Magazine, The American Conservative, and (by the way, did I ever mention it?) writing a book, that must add up to about a half million words since the last time I passed the hat.

Your generosity makes it possible for me to make a living writing whatever I think is right.

There are, at the moment, three ways to give me money.

You can make tax deductible credit card contributions to me here (then, under "Steve Sailer Project Option" click on the "Make a Donation" button); or fax credit card details here (please put "Steve Sailer Project" on the fax); or you can snail mail checks made out to "VDARE Foundation" and marked on the memo line (lower left corner) “Steve Sailer” to:

VDARE Foundation
P.O. Box 211
Litchfield, CT 06759

Second: You can send me an email and I'll send you my P.O. Box address.

Third: You can use Paypal to send me money directly, either by just using any credit card or if you have a specific Paypal account.






Or, if the button doesn't appear, just click here.

Either fill in your your Paypal ID and password on the lower right of the screen, or click "Continue" on the lower center-left to fill in your credit card info.

I'll try to get the Amazon donation link working in a day or two, but, in the past, Amazon has been limited to $50 (hint, hint) and tends to stop working as soon as I've collected more than a pittance.

Thanks. I appreciate it, deeply.

My published articles are archived at iSteve.com -- Steve Sailer

10 comments:

robert61 said...

I am hardscrable freelancer myself, but I'll donate. If there's a journalist doing better work, I don't know who it is. Which alternative lets you keep the most money on a modest donation (say 20 bucks)? I'm not in the US, so checks are out.

Pat Shuff said...

After the fall of the wall a contingent including American journalism professors and professionals from the publishing industry traveled to the former Eastern Bloc countries to give seminars advising the former state writers on entry into their Brave New World of market based writing, touching on the basics of factuality, readership interest, conciseness etc. One of the attendees, feeling gloomy about his prospects, raised his hand to query, "Well, if we are not to paid by the word anymore then on what basis is compensation?"

The shift to the samizdat of the blogosphere from failing paid-by-the-word print/broadcast is a shift to the only journalism occurring and _that_
because it is free.

No Sale said...

I'll send you a donation only if you come out and utterly denounce the GOP for what it is: The end game, and a dead end trap for white America.

But to date, instead of denouncing the GOP, you are trying to shepherd whites back into the GOP as if that were viable interest group politics.

But the future of the GOP will be more of the same: catering to so-called diversity and the empowerment of non-whites and foreigners at the direct expense of whites. The drum beat for diversity and non-white empowerment at the top level of the Republican Party is only going to get much stronger in the future, not weaker.

The Master Plan is to give whites nowhere to go politically to redress their dispossession. The Plan is working and it will not be changed.

The GOP will nominate the NWO stooge Bobby Jindal for President of the United States in 2012.

The GOP will not end mass immigration into America. Just the opposite. The GOP is obviously energetically positioning itself as totally invested in the non-white majority population future of the United States.

The GOP will not end Affirmative Action. Just the opposite.

The GOP lags only about twenty years behind the Democrats in liberal progressive mindset. There is no actual "conservative" wing of the Republican Party with any power. The Republican honchos are, in fact, liberals dedicated to the utter transformation of America.

If there was any doubt, Newt Gingrich revealed himself as a liberal in the recent New York Congressional race.

Rush Limbaugh was an open borders, pro NAFTA, anti-nationalist for decades.

Jeb Bush is on the record as an anti-Reagan liberal.

Sarah Palin is being groomed as the new Neo-Conservative (liberal) heir who will squabble with Jeb Bush and Jindal in another staged pro wrestling match in the GOP primary.

Bobby Jindal is the perfect NWO company man.

The "bright new star" in the GOP congress, Eric Cantor, is another Disraeli i.e. a triangulating progressive.

The same elites who control the Democrats control the Republicans. The shot callers are non-partisan. They play both sides and use the two parties to give the masses a phony choice. But the holy grails of American politics are never, ever violated:

1. Elect a New People (Open Borders, Affirmative Action, Minority Empowerment Over Majority)

2. Fold the USA into the North American Union (Police State, Offshoring Manufacturing, Dollar Destruction & New Currency)

3. Endless War Overseas (Spread 1 & 2 to the Rest of the World by Force)

Future Republican candidates will absolutely not deviate from these Holy Grails.

Kai Carver said...

An unavoidable and slightly comic feature of all your panhandling drives has been screwy payment links. That first credit card link gives a Paypal page "Sorry — your last action could not be completed". The Paypal link (Third) says "We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties."

I'll try again some other time. I don't know if what you write is always true, but I always find it interesting. And often funny. So thank you. Robert Conquest's ITYSYFF, the kids on MyFace... Comedy gold! :-)

Robert (not robert61) said...

That's odd, I had no problems making a donation to Steve Sailer today via PayPal. And I don't even live in America.

Makes me wish that I was a millionaire, purely and simply so that I could make lavish donations to deserving causes like Mr. Sailer's output.

Anonymous said...

Good point Robert- If i was incredibly wealthy just passing by this blog_ I'd put 50k at least in Steve's paypal acct.

Dan in DC

Anonymous said...

Why don't you stand on the street, cap in hand, like they did in the good old days? At least then you'd be able to meet your fans. I'd pay then.

green mamba said...

I haven't donated since the anti-Jewish sentiment on this site (mostly in the comments, but not exactly opposed by Steve) got to be too prevalent for my taste. But I'm ready to chuck some coin in the collection pot again because 1)the debate on the "JQ" has recently become more varied and interesting, and 2) recent events have shown that political correctness has now become so destructive that truth-tellers like Steve who oppose it honestly and intelligently need to be supported.

joe-6 said...

just sent sumpthing via paypal.... no problems

Parsi said...

"I haven't run a fundraising drive since the stock market crash of 2008."

And Clinton never panhandled Monica. Still, if the Accord needs repairs, I guess it's time for me to hit the PayPal button again and make a top-up payment.