August 13, 2011

Rattling the Tip Cup 2

Well, we got off to a good start with the Summer 2011 iSteve fundraising drive, with some very generous donations, but then things slowed down when I didn't post an ask for a day. It turns out, remarkably enough, that if you want people to give you money, you have to ask them.

So, if you haven't donated yet during this drive, please consider it.

You can send me an email and I'll send you my P.O. Box address.

Or, you can use Paypal to send me money directly. Use any credit card or your Paypal account. To get started, just click on the orange Paypal "Donate" button on the top of the column to the right.

When that takes you to Paypal, if you want to use your Paypal account, fill in your Paypal ID and password on the lower right of the screen.

Or, if you want to use your credit card, fill in your credit card info on the lower left part of the screen by clicking on the word "Continue" in the lower center/left.

Thanks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to send money for the last few months. I will get it out this week! AZ fan

Anonymous said...

I wonder if we'd donate more or less money if we knew how much others had donated?

When I donated, during the last pan handling blitz - I had a ton of trouble getting pay pal to work. I'm fairly used to online shopping as well.

Kylie said...

"Liberals are so outrageously stupid...."

Steve, you must sometimes feel like Max Bialystock: "They all come here. How do they find me?"

By the way, my situation is momentarily less peculiar than usual so the time lag between your appeal and my response will be correspondingly shorter.

Anonymous said...

Somewhat OT check out this article in Chicago Magazine about Vice Lord gang members given admission to Dartmouth in the late 60s:

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/August-2011/Dartmouths-Foundation-Years-Project-and-Its-Students-from-the-Street/

Radical chic amongst faculty, the frisson of a near dark experience, importation of casual violence, the dumbing down of standards, and the program ending in complete failure with several participants dead or in jail. The author recounts all breathlessly and without shame or irony.