May 27, 2013

Sweden, one last time

This Los Angeles Times story from Friday is worth preserving as an example of the contortions authorized goodthinkers go through to make everything fit The Narrative. I've highlighted a number of interesting words inserted at some point in the editorial process to acknowledge that much of the standard story isn't, techically, true.
Nights of rioting test Sweden's reputation for tolerance

By Henry Chu 
May 24, 2013, 11:48 a.m. 
LONDON -- Residents of Stockholm braced for more violence Friday after five consecutive nights of rioting that have rocked the Swedish capital and shaken the Scandinavian country’s self-image as a tolerant, liberal place. 
Since Sunday, sections of northwestern and southern Stockholm have lighted up with the glow of fires started by rock-throwing rioters apparently protesting a fatal shooting by police last week. Schools, shops, a library and about 150 vehicles have been set ablaze during the nightly rampages, which some commentators say are rooted in feelings of despair and disenfranchisement among the city’s poor and its growing immigrant population. 
Nearly 30 people have been arrested, and a few officers have received minor injuries, said Kjell Lindgren, a spokesman for Stockholm police. ...
Swedes have been shocked by the images of destruction and by the convulsion of anger and fear in their usually easygoing capital. Television footage showed smoking husks of cars on otherwise ordinary-looking streets. 
The unrest has raised uncomfortable questions in a once-homogeneous society now dealing with a relatively recent influx of immigrants, many of them from war-ravaged countries such as Afghanistan and Iraq.
Anti-immigrant sentiment is on the rise and has become a political force in the far-right Swedish Democrats party. 
The proximate cause of the rioting was the May 13 death of a man in his late 60s in the Husby district of Stockholm, a predominantly immigrant community where unemployment runs higher than the national average. 
Police say the man had threatened people on the street with a machete-like weapon and then continued to pose a danger after going inside an apartment building, where officers shot him. 

The unbalanced old man was from Portugal and had a Finnish wife. Whether the rioters care about him is an open question.
But the incident roused anger in an area whose residents have complained of police abuse and racism and of institutional neglect. Violence erupted Sunday and escalated the following two or three nights. 
Witnesses told Swedish media that some officers who responded to the unrest used racial slurs and called residents “monkeys” and “rats.” Lindgren said there would be an independent investigation of the accusations. 
“We see a government whose answer to social problems is more police. We see police brutality and harassment in our areas,” Megafonen, a local activist organization, said in an editorial published in the Aftonbladet newspaper Friday.  
“We call on everyone in the area to organize themselves for justice. Then our cars shall not burn; then stones shall not be thrown.” 

Megafonen sounds like an organization for hooligans who don't like soccer.
Media reports said that firefighters responded to 70 separate incidents Thursday night, down from 90 the previous night. 
Of the 29 arrests made as of Friday afternoon, all but one were of young men ages 16 to 26, said Lindgren, who warned that more arrests were likely. 
During the first couple of nights of rioting, “there was no possibility to make arrests, because it was rather wild,” Lindgren said. “But we also have identified criminals that are going to be questioned in the near future. ... We got a quite good picture of who they are.”
About 15% of Sweden’s 9.5 million people are foreign-born, many of them drawn to the Scandinavian country because of its liberal asylum policies for refugees from armed conflict.

You know, I have this vague hunch that what the riotous youths object to about the armed conflicts back home is not armed conflicts per se, but that they were losing the armed conflicts.

74 comments:

A Working Class American said...

sailer wrote:
"Megafonen sounds like an organization for hooligans who don't like soccer."

=================

Sounds to me like one of the many faux-leftist-activist nonprofit organizations that obtain grants from the large nonprofit foundations similar to the Getty, Ford and Rockefeller Foundations. The large foundations that feed these fauxleftist activist orgs are funded by the rich, the upper class. These same wealthy funders of fauxleftism just coincidentally happen to financially profit from the very fauxleftist activism they fund. Specifically, groups like Megafonen above get funded and then get media exposure from the corporate media. What do their media quotes involve? Well, they usually involve some sort of racism accusation directed at the white majority, making the white majority for guilty for their evil racism. So, the white majority, in order to atone for their evil racism, must bend over backwards for the nonwhite immigrants and give them jobs and fully integrate them into society and let even in more immigrants.

The media that gives these fauxleftist activists orgs (funded indirectly by plutocrats) also gets its funding from the same source, albeit indirectly: media advertising purchases are primarily made by large corporations whose shares are owned primarily by the same wealthy upper class that funds the large foundations that give the grants to Megafonen, et al.


These rich shareholders profit from mass immigration because it lowers wages, fragments the unity of the populace, and thereby allows the rich to better control the government.

See, it's all one big happy family....

Anonymous said...

techically = technically, feel free to delete this comment.

Rasputin said...

"The unbalanced old man was from Portugal and had a Finnish wife. Whether the rioters care about him is an open question."

More to the point, the reason he started waving a machete in the first place was that he felt threatened by gangs of "youths".


"Witnesses told Swedish media that some officers who responded to the unrest used racial slurs and called residents “monkeys” and “rats.”"

Not mentioned is the fact that a few of these "witnesses" had connections to Megafonen and in one case actually worked as a journalist at SVT, the state television which is notoriously leftist.

This isn't particularly unusual. Journalists are happy to get a good quote, that fits the narrative, without doing actual work and see no need at all to point out any partisanship on the parts of their sources.



"Megafonen sounds like an organization for hooligans who don't like soccer."

They're connected to hooligans, but I very much doubt they themselves are all that violent.

They're career race hustlers with tons of connections to the mainstream political parties and getting a lot of funding for claiming to represent the oppressed masses of "youths". And, as previsouly mentioned, they're mainly not from the ethnicities that likes to riot. There's a pretty long history in Sweden of Chilean and Persian immigrants being both decently smart and good at political opportunism, and most the Megafonen core crew seems to be those sort of immigrants.

That is, they're the sons and daughters of the people who fled from places like Iran and Chile in the 70:s, which were mainly politically active middle class, or at least educated, people. Since they're generally fairly shameless they're more than happy to be compensated for the supposed suffering of completely different immigrant groups and no-one wants to call them on it because a) they don't realize the difference between a Somali goatherd and a Chilean professor or b) they're afraid of being accused of racism.

It should be fairly apparent that Somali and Iraqi muslims doesn't have all that friendly relations with socialist/christian South Americans or atheist/Shiite Iranians.


"During the first couple of nights of rioting, “there was no possibility to make arrests, because it was rather wild,” "

It should be noted that in clashes between soccer hooligans there's no problem at all detaining hundreds of people. And those guys tend to be pretty beefy men in their 20:s or 30:s rather than skinny teenagers.

Anonymous said...

The unrest has raised uncomfortable questions in a once-homogeneous society now dealing with a relatively recent influx of immigrants, many of them from war-ravaged countries such as Afghanistan and Iraq.

But did refugees from war-ravaged countries such as Germany and Poland act in a similar way after 1945?

Mr Lomez said...

I've also noticed in recent reporting on immigration (re: Sweden or otherwise) the kind of rhetoric exemplified in this one-sentence paragraph:

"Anti-immigrant sentiment is on the rise and has become a political force in the far-right Swedish Democrats party."

Not knowing anything about Swedish political parties, the rhetorical effect here is that "anti-immigrant sentiment"--a generally acceptable, if unpopular position--is, in this single sentence construction, paired with and inextricable from a "far-right"--and therefore unconscionable--political affiliation.

In other words, being anti-immigrant (i.e. anti-immigration) makes you by definition one of those neo-nazis.

This is true of the reporting I've seen on Greece, where any kind of anti-immigration position is taken as an endorsement for Golden Dawn. To be one you must also be the other.

Or, taking it a step-further, reading coverage in the Guardian on UKIP, for example, there's the suggestion that by virtue of being anti-immigration, the party is also "far-right," and thus illegitimate.

Anonymous said...

The LAT story is somewhat echoed in the NYT.

The spectacle of teenagers hurling stones at firefighters have left many Swedes wondering what went wrong in a society that has invested so heavily in helping the underprivileged. .

Peter Johnson said...

I do like the headline -- implying that these riots prove that Sweden has not been sufficiently tolerant and liberal. That is what caused the riots -- not enough tolerance and liberalism.

Anonymous said...

If Sweden doesn't take this opportunity of high emotions to start expelling Muslims and instead give into more concessions, they are finished!

staffanspersonalityblog said...

"You know, I have this vague hunch that what the riotous youths object to about the armed conflicts back home is not armed conflicts per se, but that they were losing the armed conflicts."

That's right on the money. It seems Palestinians committ a substantial portion of all murders in Sweden but the media ignore this because we are supposed to think of them as victims.

More generally they avoid keeping statistics on ethnicity or religion but there is geographic data showing that those who are most prone to murder come from west Asia and northern Africa - gee, I wonder who lives there?

rightsaidfred said...

...residents have complained of police abuse and racism and of institutional neglect.

Indeed. I'm sure these residents are just spending their time doing jobs Swedes just won't do; you know, jobs that have apparently gone undone for the last 4 billion years and that have made the place such a hell hole prior to vibrancy.

And to make the village better, we have to burn it down.

rightsaidfred said...

Maybe someone can offer some perspective, but 90 incidents and 29 arrests sounds like what you get on a slow day in Chicago.

Anonymous said...

The powers that be obviously don't want this rioting to occur and to be reported upon widely. They simply never comprehended that immigrants could do this. Its not part of the plan.

I hope they keep rioting and the media is forced to report on it.

Let diversity run free.

Anonymous said...

" ...Yusuf, a young Somali. Yusuf used to live in Birmingham, but says he prefers Husby. "

Swedish riots spark surprise and anger

As inequality and segregation start to rise, the spread of youth disorder has shaken ethnic Swedes and older immigrants alike

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/25/sweden-europe-news

Iberian said...

To be honest, the "Narrative" is not good for nobody: According to is family (Finnish and Suedish) is was harassed by some young thugs (Muslims) some minutes before the police arrive; In the dark, he took the officers for the thugs... So, a old communist refugee from Portugal and not a third world imigrant; Police to fast on the triger; and Muslims that found a strange excuse to destroy things... also, most gangsters are white; Turkish, Albanians, Bosnians,Syrians etç... with a minority of blacks (somalis).

Anonymous said...

If there is one White country in the world that deserves to be destroyed by 3rd worlders, it would be Sweden. I was there 4 years ago on a business trip and found that majority of Swede's to be militant liberals. They are also incredibly introverted.

I think blonde fetish among Americans is a the main reason why most people have high opinion of Scandinavians, even though most have never met any Scandinavians.

Trust me when I say this: Swedish people are batshit crazy.

Mark Marx said...

For several generations you could build a career saying nothing ever had anything to do with race.

Unless you were attacking Whites.

One suspects that game is coming to an end in the next few years. The current hacks better make all the money they can before the atmosphere changes.

Holliday Jones said...

"During the first couple of nights of rioting, "“there was no possibility to make arrests, because it was rather wild,”" Lindgren said. "“But we also have identified criminals that are going to be questioned in the near future. ... We got a quite good picture of who they are.”"

What nonsense is this where they cannot arrest people because its too wild? You should arrest them BECAUSE its too wild. Then the wildness will go away.

Anonymous said...

No matter how accommodating a society is, the Muslims will find a reason to riot. Why would a liberal country allow in immigrants from some of the socially most conservative areas in the world? They were just asking for trouble, and they sure got it.

Maybe they should send their Muslims to Egypt in exchange for Egyptian Christians, who would be happy to get out of the hell hole of an Islamic republic.

Anonymous said...

Ot, but can someone please explain to my why every singly Wikipedia article about an 'islamic-golden-age scholar' begins with "xxx is a *MUSLIM*, polymath, mathematician...).



Anonymous said...

Steve, i don't remember where I heard this -- you can google -- but apparently the Portuguese guy was holding a knife because he was being harassed by 'youths' outside his house.

Anonymous said...

ok googling was not hard. Here is the quote:

" Not an ambulance, a car. It would later emerge that the so-called hostage was in fact the dead man’s wife of 30 years, and according to his brother-in-law, he had been waving a kitchen knife, not a machete, to ward off a gang of youths who had been harassing him and his wife. "

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/fire-and-fury-in-sweden-as-riots-spread-8632374.html

Anonymous said...

There's a new article on the riots from the NYT, too. Read here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/27/world/europe/swedens-riots-put-its-identity-in-question.html?hp

But the tone is a lot different. You can tell the author is a lot more skeptical than the Asian guy who wrote the LA Times piece.
Probably because he's a white European and can see things in a more balanced light than the Asian immigrant who sees only the immgirant, white people are all evil perspective that he has been brainwashed with.

The end of the article can be interpreted in two ways, either as a call to understanding or "this will never work". He made sure to cover his tracks at the very end but otherwise, his article is a systematic takedown of all the various (and typical) arguments.

But one thing that is positive, in the actual Swedish media, the one I read, there's far more ambivalency about these riots.

And for the first time in a long time, police officers have been given a voice to be heard in the media instead of just demonized.

I'd say we have a real debate right now, unlike in America where the debate never really happens and every just gangs up and bashes Fox News and then agree with themselves that they are right and everyone else is a bigot.

Part of this is because we've never had slavery nor colonialism. It's just harder to talk about "the legacy of XYZ" like the minorities do in America.

In Sweden they have it all. And they still riot, which makes it much harder to defend(but it's not that the left doesn't try!).

Anonymous said...

The mad, grey-haired, addled-brain Swedih granny thinks she is 'saving God's creation' by collecting all the world's waif and stray - and rabid - dogs and keeping them all in her tiny little flat.
But not only do the dogs bite the hand that feeds them, they liberally shit and piss all over the living room carpet into the bargain.
- And I only thought that it was Britain's dastardly Labour Party that wished to 'rub noses in diversity'.

Anonymous said...

"shaken the Scandinavian country’s self-image as a tolerant, liberal place."

That's the very problem. Swedish liberal tolerance created conditions that led to this.

So, the riots really CONFIRMED that Sweden is a liberal tolerant place that allowed in too many idiots from the world.

Canada's liberalism also encouraged the hockey riots.

Chicago said...

It sounds like a generic script that's been used over and over again everywhere, 1963 or 2013, just change the dates and places. The rioters are never to blame as they are just reacting; their feelings are hurt by being called rats merely because they torched some cars and now they must lash out even more in frustration and anger. Shootings and flashmobs in Chicago are always attributed to the weather as though the actors are merely vegetables: warm weather makes it grow, cold shrinks it.
They'll never ever touch on the real issue which is the essential incompatibility of third worlders living within the first world. They don't want to go there because to do so might lead to the logical next step of pondering what to do about it.

Harry Baldwin said...

This article,
"Stockholm riots leave Sweden's dreams of perfect society up in smoke," from the Telegraph, has some useful insights, such as the following:

Still, some of Husby's younger generation argue that it is unreasonable of Swedes to expect them to be perennially "grateful" for taking them in, even from the dire circumstances in their homelands.

....Youth worker Rami al Khamisi, 25, whose family escaped to Sweden from Saddam Hussein's Iraq back in 1994, smuggling themselves first through Turkey and Russia and then across the Baltic in a fishing boat commandeered by a people smuggler. "I was six years old and the boat was packed with about 60 people..."

That, though, he says, is his only real memory of the hardships of his early life, and as such, he finds it hard to be as thankful as his parents still are to his adopted homeland. "They compare it to Baghdad or Somalia," he said. "But we younger immigrants only really know Sweden, and we just compare our situation to the one around us."


A First World country like Sweden brings in Third World immigrants who are never going to able to compete with the higher-IQ native population, and looking around at how much better the Swedes live than they do, the Third-Worlders are envious. According to pc-doctrine, any inequality between groups has to be attributed to white racism, so the Third Worlders lash out in anger. It's an impossible situation that Western countries have created.

Anonymous said...

The unbalanced old man was from Portugal and had a Finnish wife. Whether the rioters care about him is an open question.

Swarthy man with a Nordic wife. Of course they care about him. Where the white wimmen at!

Anonymous said...

http://vanguardradio.net/podcast/2013/4/29/become-who-you-are

Roman Bernard is right about rightwing dummies.

They are mostly cultural idiocrats.

John Derbyshire said...

"The unbalanced old man was from Portugal".

Might be interesting to get a picture. Portugal had major colonies in Africa and a hefty proportion of Portugal's foreign-origin population is black African. See here.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Swedes deserve whatever they get. They are crazy liberals and Swedish-Americans are almost as bad. They are the parochial of the Scandinavians. The Finns were part of Russia, Denmark has a border with Germany, and Norway has a long history of Seafaring. And of course, all three were involved in WWII, except for the Swedes who basically spent the war sunbathing and making money.

Anonymous said...

That's right on the money. It seems Palestinians committ a substantial portion of all murders in Sweden but the media ignore this because we are supposed to think of them as victims.

They are victims.

Anonymous said...

"If there is one White country in the world that deserves to be destroyed by 3rd worlders, it would be Sweden. I was there 4 years ago on a business trip and found that majority of Swede's to be militant liberals. They are also incredibly introverted.

I think blonde fetish among Americans is a the main reason why most people have high opinion of Scandinavians, even though most have never met any Scandinavians.

Trust me when I say this: Swedish people are batshit crazy."

You've nailed it.

Jack Hanson said...

Steve, it seems like the police are fine with letting the rioters of vibrancy act out, but when the native Swedes form protection squads against having their shit burned the police suddenly discover they have a spine and bring out the tear gas and riot squads.

What a mess! The Swedes deserve this for disarming themselves in the name of liberal secularism, and now they're reaping the results of their tolerance. The Leftists over here must be so jealous of their Swedish counterparts who can use the police indiscriminately like that, while they have to contend with 'bitter clingers' who are armed better than some nation's armies.

Auntie Analogue said...


"Violence erupted Sunday and escalated the following two or three nights. "

Another example of Enemedia-Pravda's habitual deployment of the passive voice: "Violence erupted...and escalated," as if no human agency were responsible for the commission of violence, as the the eruption and escalation just happened to arise, bereft of human agency, out of thin air. Another such passive voice evasion comes in the form of "tensions flared," and Enemedia-Pravda deploys many more such devices of rhetorical elision of human agency of non-white perps.

Want to get a frightening insight into Swedes' Eloi derangement? See the 1981 film 'Montenegro,' which serves as an ominous foreshadowing of what results when uber-liberal Eloi admit barbarian peopls into their midst. In fact, I urge all Sailermates to see 'Montenegro. Directed by a Yugoslav (I don't know his precise Balkan ethnicity), 'Montenegro' starkly contrasts navel-gazing Eloi Swedes with Balkan barbarians.

Anonymous said...

"If there is one White country in the world that deserves to be destroyed by 3rd worlders, it would be Sweden. I was there 4 years ago on a business trip and found that majority of Swede's to be militant liberals. They are also incredibly introverted.

I think blonde fetish among Americans is a the main reason why most people have high opinion of Scandinavians, even though most have never met any Scandinavians.

Trust me when I say this: Swedish people are batshit crazy. "


Nobody should trust you on anything, except that we're very introverted. The alt right in Sweden is far stronger in the media than anything you'll see in the UK, Aus, Canada or US.

Avpixlat, Fria Tider, it goes on. Also, neither of the above-mentioned countries have any real nationalist party, which Sweden Democrats is (although very flawed one).

Third, about 20% of all youths voted for SD in the "school elections" (there's a tradition in Sweden to let 15-18 year olds vote in their high schools a week before the real election) back in 2010 when SD got 5.7%. It's now at or above 10% in the polls and rising, and you gotta count in the non-white vote which sits at about 20%(not all of the foreign-born are non-white, quite a few are Europeans but quite a few of the native-born are 2nd generation immigrants from non-Western countries too).

I'd expect the numbers for SD to rise to about 35% or above, and if you'd count only ethnic Swedes, I'd wager maybe 50%.

In short, you know very little about us and what you should know is that in a small amount of time we're totally kicking the ass of white nationalists in America and other parts of the Anglosphere.

ivvenalis said...

"You know, I have this vague hunch that what the riotous youths object to about the armed conflicts back home is not armed conflicts per se, but that they were losing the armed conflicts."

The fact that fighting and winning wars is pretty awesome as a personal experience simply does not register with the the ruling class. They certainly aren't aware of it from first-hand experience. It's certainly possible to figure it out from reading history, but it's probably easy to miss if you're obsessed with victim narratives.

Anonymous said...

If there is one White country in the world that deserves to be destroyed by 3rd worlders, it would be Sweden. I was there 4 years ago on a business trip and found that majority of Swede's to be militant liberals.


England is just as bad.

And the US is heading in the same direction, it's just a few steps behind.

Anonymous said...

"England is just as bad.

And the US is heading in the same direction, it's just a few steps behind."

I disagree with this. In the US, the immigrants do have to WORK. It may be that they get benefits that are in excess of what they bring to the table but they cannot simply sit around in government funded housing, do nothing and get a nice pay check every month (and if they get REALLY bored get to burn some schools for fun). That is a huge difference.

The US has multiples of the number of immigrants Sweden has but there hasn't been anything like it in the United States in almost all history despite the long history of immigration. I am not justifying US immigration policy but if you are going to have immigrants in your country, you might as well have them work like hell. Don't give them free money and free housing and let 'em burn cars and houses for fun. Sweden is a totally sick country and really does deserve to be destroyed - which it probably will be in a generation or so.

Anonymous said...

LA Times reporter in -> LONDON <- is reporting on Swedish riots.
Can't afford a flight to Sweden?

Anonymous said...

"About 15% of Sweden’s 9.5 million people are foreign-born, many of them drawn to the Scandinavian country because of its liberal asylum policies for refugees from armed conflict. "

These stupid refugee programs are becoming the death of the West.

Must be pretty nice to be from Yugoslavia. You tear your country up in a war then you get to move to Sweden, Switzerland or the US.

There is a Serbian soccer player who plays for Dortmund in Germany who moved to the US as a ten year. He now plays for the Serbian national team, not the US's.

He hates Serbia so much he has to leave as a refugee, but he still wants to play for them.

The US and Germany made this guys life. What the hell has Serbia ever done for US or German citizens?

Anonymous said...

"England is just as bad.

And the US is heading in the same direction, it's just a few steps behind.'

America is way ahead if you look at demographics.

I think many of the people in Europe got their multicultural ideas from the US civil rights movement. They started to import non-whites because they didn't want to be racist. MLK won the Nobel Prize, not a coincidence.

Mr. Anon said...

"Mr Lomez said...

Or, taking it a step-further, reading coverage in the Guardian on UKIP, for example, there's the suggestion that by virtue of being anti-immigration, the party is also "far-right," and thus illegitimate."

And of course, as always, there is no such thing as "far-left" in such press coverage. The "far-right" is implicity compared to........the simple, self-evident, common sense that all reasonable people believe (i.e., leftism). The fact that John Cameron's Tory party is actually left-wing in the only ways that matter goes unremarked upon.

Mr. Anon said...

"ivvenalis said...

The fact that fighting and winning wars is pretty awesome as a personal experience simply does not register with the the ruling class. They certainly aren't aware of it from first-hand experience. It's certainly possible to figure it out from reading history, but it's probably easy to miss if you're obsessed with victim narratives."

I agree. The current bloodless elite (bloodless, though often blood-stained) are largely ignorant of history, and are seemingly incapable of understanding what motivates people who - rather than falling into power - have to wrest it for themselves.

As Winston Churchill once said: nothing is quite so exhilarating as being shot at with no effect. The contemptible clowns who govern our societies don't seem to get this.

Anonymous said...

Amused by all the anti-Swedish hate here.

White folks should stick together but instead you all just sow division. We're all in the same boat and frankly, countries like America are in a far deeper shit than Sweden. And most of white Americans keep voting for the same two parties so don't give me that "Swedes deserve what's coming".

Sweden has a pro-Swedish party, albeit with serious flaws, at 10%. It also has a much larger alt-right prescence on the internet.

Fria Tider, Avpixlat etc are media organizations that are regularly discussed in the main stream media. And they're not corporatist shills like many 'right-wing' websites like Townhall and others are.

While it's true that Sweden is more liberal than, say, even just neighbouring Denmark, nobody should be surprised if Europe escapes the demographic winter far better in the end than America will. But am I going to sit and laugh at white Americans with glee?

No, I'll do everything in my power to unite and help them. We're one people, strewn across the world.

I have nothing but contempt for people like you, coming from countries far deeper in shit than Sweden is.

Simon in London said...

Anon:

previous anon:
"found that majority of Swede's to be militant liberals.

Anonymous said...
"England is just as bad."

You think the majority of Englishmen are militant liberals? Nope. The US seems to have a higher proportion of militant liberals among the general population than England does. What we do have is the BBC.

Anonymous said...

90 incidents and 29 arrests sounds like what you get on a slow day in Chicago

True. The reason being (other than the size of Chicago) that the cops largely stood by and watched the rioters burn and destroy. Thankfully, Chicago cops are traditionally more proactive. But that will probably change as we slide toward blacks being as untouchable as Muslims in Sweden.

gubbler, champion of all things checheny(except criminality) said...

"And the US is heading in the same direction, it's just a few steps behind."

Heading? US RE-elected Obama in 2012. Even Iowa went with him, even after Obama gave us Kagan, Soto, 'gay marriage', and etc.

This is one sicko nation.

And the richest parts of this nation went overwhelmingly for Obama.
At least Swedish leaders are still white.

gubbler, champion of all things checheny(except criminality) said...

"Violence erupted Sunday and escalated the following two or three nights. "

"Another example of Enemedia-Pravda's habitual deployment of the passive voice"

Yeah, violence erupted on the German-Polish border in 1939.

gubbler, champion of all things checheny(except criminality) said...

Swedish Riotica.

Corn said...

" it seems like the police are fine with letting the rioters of vibrancy act out, but when the native Swedes form protection squads against having their shit burned the police suddenly discover they have a spine and bring out the tear gas and riot squads."

Kind of like how the US govt doesn't have the time or resources to crack down on illegal immigration, but they suddenly muster a battery of judges and lawyers if a state tries to crack down?

Anonymous said...

"That's right on the money. It seems Palestinians committ a substantial portion of all murders in Sweden but the media ignore this because we are supposed to think of them as victims.

They are victims."

So are American blacks, who commit most of the murders in the U.S. They're victims of slavery. Right?

Anonymous said...

"Residents of Stockholm braced for more violence Friday after five consecutive nights of rioting that have rocked the Swedish capital and shaken the Scandinavian country’s self-image as a tolerant, liberal place."

In what way have the riots shaken this self-image? The (non-)reaction of the authorities has proven beyond any doubt that Sweden is tolerant of anything up to and including its own destruction from within by non-Swedes. There can be no greater demonstration of tolerance than this.

RJ101 said...

Reminds me of this weeks episode of Mad Men. The reporter gets stabbed and has his windows broken by vibrant youths, but then calls a cop a fascist for asking what they looked like.

Dave Pinsen said...

My Twitter conversation with a Swede about this earlier today.

Anonymous said...

"A First World country like Sweden brings in Third World immigrants who are never going to able to compete with the higher-IQ native population, and looking around at how much better the Swedes live than they do, the Third-Worlders are envious. According to pc-doctrine, any inequality between groups has to be attributed to white racism, so the Third Worlders lash out in anger. It's an impossible situation that Western countries have created."

Spot on.

.
No White country deserves to be destroyed by 3rd worlders.

Violence in those immigrant neighborhoods will have been going up bit by bit for YEARS if not decades and the Swedes would have had ample warning of what was happening if their political and media elites hadn't LIED.

The biggest part of the blame both in Sweden and everywhere else lies with the media for LYING.

Gene said...

The rioters protest that they have no jobs. I am sure they don't. But school is free. College too. Did they finish either one? Who supports them? Were they raised by a single mom on welfare? How smart are they? Do they have IQs over 80? Why is it a surprise no one wants to hire them.

peterike said...

Muslims always do well in Europe.

In May ’44, the Allies finally succeed in taking Monte Cassino (in Central Italy) from German control, after bombing the town’s 6th century abbey into ruins. The Allies have French-Moroccan troops fighting for them. The Moroccans are allowed to run wild. They slit the throats of prisoners, loot homes, and rape every Italian woman they can get their hands on. The Moroccans even rape local boys and a Catholic Priest!

Two Italian sisters, ages 16 & 18, are raped by more than 200 Moroccans. One dies from the abuse, and the other will spend the rest of her life in a mental hospital. An estimated 3000 women aged 11-86 are raped, some so violently that 100 of them die. About 800 village men who try to protect them are also killed. The Moroccans will not be punished by their Allied French Commanders. They will later rape and kill again when they occupy western Germany.

David said...

As A Working Class American seems to indicate with his intriguing term "fauxleftism," an interesting rift is opening in leftie circles.

The out-of-power lefties (as opposed to the lefties in power) are beginning to float the meme that multiculturalism means zip if the diversity is yet another pack of imperialists, crony capitalists, corporate wage-slave drivers, etc.

For example, it's muttered with increasing frequency and anger that a warmongering Condi Rice and Obama are no good even though they're Black. I've even read progressives saying that replacing a hetero crony capitalist class with a queer crony capitalist class "changes nothing."

The mutterers are usually older Greens and traditional Marxists, who tag the rift "the real Left" (= them) v. "the fake Left" (= the corporate-sponsored multiculty Democrat Party goo).

This rift can be exploited and widened.

Just as the conservatives have their "social" and "economic" wings which fruitlessly fight each other, so the Left should be encouraged to develop its own "real" wing to battle its "fake" wing.

Divide and conquer and a plague on all politicos.

Anonymous said...

"Nights of rioting test Sweden's reputation for tolerance" - What are the pass/fail conditions of said test?

Hunsdon said...

Anonydroid at 2:30 PM said: Amused by all the anti-Swedish hate here.

Hunsdon said: The only time I've ever hated on the Swedes was when I was reading Henryk Sienkewicz's "The Deluge."

I'll admit, sometimes Swedish policies are a head-scratcher for me, but what are you gonna do?

Anonymous said...

Seems to me Sweden was a whole lot better off when it was a "once homogeneous country".

A Working Class American said...

david wrote:
"As A Working Class American seems to indicate with his intriguing term "fauxleftism," an interesting rift is opening in leftie circles."
==================

Unfortunately, there does not appear to be any such rift. There were a couple of dissenters with some degree of visibility back in the 90s, but they have been silenced. Any posts you see on the net that refer to fake vs true leftism are probably mine, as I have been posting on such topics for well over a decades on hundreds of sites.

david wrote:
"The out-of-power lefties (as opposed to the lefties in power) are beginning to float the meme that multiculturalism means zip if the diversity is yet another pack of imperialists, crony capitalists, corporate wage-slave drivers, etc."
================

It is not that the diversity is composed of "imperialists, crony capitalists, corporate wage-slave drivers" or the like, but instead that the nonwhites immigrants are being used as economic low-wage cannon fodder by these upper class predators you listed.



david wrote:
"This rift can be exploited and widened."

LOL, the leftists (real or fake) are not the enemy. Instead the real enemy is the upper class that creates both the culture of fakeleftism that controls the behavior of liberals AND the fauxpopulist conservatism that controls the behavior of american conservatives.

david wrote:
"Just as the conservatives have their "social" and "economic" wings which fruitlessly fight each other, so the Left should be encouraged to develop its own "real" wing to battle its "fake" wing."

Fighting should not be the goal, but instead the goal should be the exposure of the forces and dynamics in play but highlighting crucial verbiage and news stories that exhibit this verbiage and propaganda.

Steve Sailer does some of this sort of thing.


Divide and conquer and a plague on all politicos.

Rohan Swee said...

While it's true that Sweden is more liberal than, say, even just neighbouring Denmark, nobody should be surprised if Europe escapes the demographic winter far better in the end than America will. But am I going to sit and laugh at white Americans with glee?

No, I'll do everything in my power to unite and help them. We're one people, strewn across the world.

I have nothing but contempt for people like you, coming from countries far deeper in shit than Sweden is.


Agreed. I've been irritated and am now deeply bored by Americans gassing on about how screwed up Europe is, when the same goddamned things are going on here - the poz trajectory is exactly the same.

The rate varies, it manifests according to local history and circumstances, but it's all the same goddamned thing. There are points of hope peculiar to America, but the same is true of European countries. (Sure, Scandinavian crazy looks impressively crazy to this American. Different from our brand of crazy. Maybe we can compensate for one another's insanity. Diversity is our strength!)

This is a big country. So far it's still fairly easy to run and hide and pretend that things are going on as they always did, that the 2nd Amendment and the elixir of exceptionalism will make it all better, unlike for those Euro nancy-boys. For now.

Whiskey said...

Swedes LOVE LOVE LOVE this vibrant diversity and multiculturalism, because of its feminism. Swedish women HATE their men, because they failed their shit test: equality. Women don't want to be equal, they want to be dominated. AKA "Chicks dig Chechens" ... now who was it that said that?

Swedish men became beta male supplicators, instead of a-hole dominators. Hence 90% of Swedish women want "vibrancy" because it gives them domination. Women will happily starve, suffer abuse, and work themselves to death as long as they get their domination.

This will go on until Swedish men have no choice but to fight, and fight as effectively as they design furniture and meatballs.

Lenior Rel said...

In Europe you cannot flee from from urban problems like white Americans have done for decades. There is not as much land, and there are few suburbs to go to. Americans who may think they are sheltered from such problems now, may be in a worse shock in the next 10-20 years.

Anonymous said...

Another thing to mention:

Most immigrants in Sweden from the Middle East coming these past 10 years(which has been the biggest wave) are not muslim.

Those from Afghanistan and Somalia are, but the Iraqis are mostly dispossessed Christians and most people coming from Syria now are Alawites(moderate muslims who hate the islamists) or again Christians.

The same is true with the Lebanese who came during the civil war there, mostly fleeing Christians.

This has created a very dangerous situation in places like Södertälje where there are strong intra-religious violence between Christians and muslims even if both groups come from the same countries.

Also, the somali groups don't really ally themselves with anyone, they're very clannish and are generally looked down by everyone, including most Arabs.

So it's a bit more complicated than "whites vs the rest". There's a lot of internal conflict there which isn't always the case in, say, France or Netherlands where most of the immigrants are coming from a few countries and all of them are muslim.

But even if they're Christians doesn't mean that they're "better". A lot of ignornat Americans think it's all about Islam; it's more about the culture.
Non-muslims from those countries are often little better.

Anonymous said...

"My Twitter conversation with a Swede about this earlier today. "

I took a look at "her" Twitter food(she looks like a butch lesbian).

Really, David? You think that loon is representative of anything?

I wish you were representative of most Americans, by the way. But you're not, which is why America is going the direction it's going.

(Get it?)

Anonymous said...

sweden is a beautiful country - the swedes are great fun - a bit stoic and it takes awhile to get to know them. I think there is a lot about the country that is admirable. I do not think the US is in worse trouble than Sweden - I do think the Swedes though do not get that people from other cultures might not admire their country as much as the Swedes do. As an American - it was a bit too homogenous for me and their is an acceptance of what feels to me like too much government intrusion.

I'd bet the riots lasted so long because they got so much attention - and I would also bet that most immigrants feel like they are darn lucky to be in Sweden. Too much of the MSM imposing their narrative on this -

Anonymous said...

Question for whiskey, off topic, does he think the mythical love triangle of alpha Ares, unfaithful Aphrodite, and hard-working Hermes is proof that the ancients came to similar conclusions as he?

Dave Pinsen said...

"Really, David? You think that loon is representative of anything?"

No idea. I didn't seek her out or anything; she jumped in after I asked the current operator of the @Sweden account his thoughts on the riots. He said he had decided not to comment on them. Sweden has let Swedes of immigrant ancestry run that account in the past; if one were running it this week, he or she might have deigned to comment. That would have been interesting.

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to read the comments in the LA Times, in particular those that try to deny that immigration is the problem. I think perhaps the best way to address this is to ignore the question of the precise cause of these particular riots, or whether the immigrants are or are not good people, and simply insist on pointing out that if the immigrants had never been admitted there would be no riots, and that therefore admitting them was a mistake.

It is logically pretty hard for even the most politically correct to deny the first part of that proposition -- that the riots wouldn't be happening if the rioters (their parents actually) had not been admitted into the country -- and this puts immigration enthusiasts into a tough spot. They either have to argue that despite the riots the country is still better off because of immigration (which, unless the situation radically improves, will get more and more difficult as time goes on), or else they have to acknowledge that doing what's best for the country is not their top priority.

My point is that pounding on this one point -- will you acknowledge that letting those people in was a mistake? -- can be more productive than getting into elaborate arguments about whether Muslims can assimilate, or whether racism or insufficient government generosity is to blame, and so on. Because the logic of the question is so simple, it's hard to weasel out of answering it. If we had not done that, then this would not be happening, so where do you stand on the wisdom of doing that? There are no unembarrassing answers for the other side.

Matra said...

There is a Serbian soccer player who plays for Dortmund in Germany who moved to the US as a ten year. He now plays for the Serbian national team, not the US's.

He hates Serbia so much he has to leave as a refugee, but he still wants to play for them.

The US and Germany made this guys life. What the hell has Serbia ever done for US or German citizens?


Subotic is a Serb from Bosnia. He might not have had to leave his homeland if Germany and later the US had not supported the separatist movements in the former Yugoslavia. The US bombed his people in Bosnia in 1995 and both the US and Germany bombed "Serbia proper" in 1999 killing thousands of his people. Both countries also supported taking Kosovo away from Serbia. Why should he play for any of them instead of for those who are his own blood?

Anonymous said...


Ot, but can someone please explain to my why every singly Wikipedia article about an 'islamic-golden-age scholar' begins with "xxx is a *MUSLIM*, polymath, mathematician...).


LOL, no kidding.

How about if every wiki article about a white male Christian that made a big deal about his being a white and a male and a Christian.

Anonymous said...

OT: Leftist columnist Ted Rall calls immigration reform/amnesty/etc. "treason". Sounds like something you geezers would agree with http://www.rall.com/rallblog/2013/05/30/syndicated-column-immigration-reform-is-treason