April 1, 2006

Michael Lind read my "Citizenism" article

The maverick patriotic leftist writes a brief satire:

"A Post-Patriotic Progressive Runs for Congress"
By Michael Lind

"Hello. I'm a post-patriotic progressive. I believe that nation-states like the USA are obsolete and indeed immoral. I abhor and denounce the bigotry of 'citizenism'-- the idea that the American government should favor the interests of the 300 million citizens of the US over those of the other 5.7 billion people on earth. I oppose policing and fencing the border, just as I oppose any measure that would threaten the inalienable human right of foreign nationals to sneak into the US without our government's knowledge or permission. And whenever I see an American flag, it creeps me out because it seems, well, fascistic."

"Vote for me, my fellow citizens--oops, I mean, my fellow territorial residents, to represent you in the Congress of the antiquated USA, pending the formation of a North American Union, a World Parliament, or a United Federation of Planets."

A Google search shows that a large majority of all web references to "citizenism" made by Americans are in response to my articles.


My published articles are archived at iSteve.com -- Steve Sailer

No comments: